I obtained my PhD degree in Computer Science in November 2015, at the University of Montpellier, France, at the Laboratory of Informatics, Robotics, and Microelectronics of Montpellier (LIRMM). My supervisors are Clement Jonquet, Mathieu Roche and Maguelonne Teisseire.
I have a Master degree in Artificial Intelligence and Decision Support Systems from the INSA Lyon and from the University of Lyon 1, France. I have a Master degree in Business Intelligence and Statistics from the University of Lyon 2 and I also have an Engineering degree in Computer Science from the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru.
In the past, I worked at:
|Xerox Research Centre Europe|
|Alcatel Lucent – Bell Labs|
|Orange - France Télécom|
|Touring y Automóvil Club del Perú|
My greatest interests are Data Mining (specifically Text Mining), Biomedical Natural Language Processing, and Semantic Web.
I am also interested on the diffusion of areas such as Big Data, NLP, Data Mining and Semantic Web, through scientific events. I am the general chair of SIMBig 2015, was the general chair of SIMBig 2014, I have been part of the organizing committee of NLDB 2014 and I helped the local chairs in the organization of ESWC 2013.
The lab where I work in France offers PhD opportunities for Peruvians in France in Computer Sciences: This aims to increase the scientific productivity of Peruvians and solidify the alliance with France.
- SIFR Project
This project has for objective to investigate the scientific and technical challenges in building ontology-based services to leverage biomedical knowledge in indexing, mining and retrieval of biomedical data. The project will specifically address the issues related to the processing of French biomedical data in collaboration with NCBO (Stanford University). The fields related to this work are Natural Language Processing, Text Mining and Semantic Web.
- BIrthDAY Consortium
This project aims at providing new efficient decision making tools for helping agricultural development as well as biodiversity protection in Peru. More precisely it aims at developing a new platform for helping to acquire new data, to share data, to extract knowledge, and to share useful information and knowledge among different actors that are involved in agriculture or biodiversity domains in Peru.
- BioTex - A system that extracts biomedical terms from free text. The terminology is ranked using different measures (2014-2015)..
- Targeted Summarization of Medical Data Based on Implicit Queries: A system and method for targeted summarization of a patient’s electronic medical records. A component transforms the health records of the patient into representations in a multidimensional search space (2013-2014).
- Best Mini-Project (Hospital Finder) - 10th Summer School on Ontology Engineering and the Semantic Web (SSSW 2013).
- Scholarships for research studies from FINCyT programs, in Peru, the last one obtained in 2013.
- Different Chess Trophy & Awards (2000-2004).
- General chair of the 3rd Annual International Symposium on Information Management and Big Data - SIMBig 2016, Cusco, Peru.
- Head of the BIrthDAY consortium: BIg Data for Agriculture and biodiversitY).
- General chair of the 2nd Annual International Symposium on Information Management and Big Data - SIMBig 2015, Cusco, Peru.
- Invited speaker at the Seminar on Big Data, Data Mining - 2015, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru.
- Invited speaker at the Seminar on Data Mining - 2015, Universidad de Pacífico, Lima, Peru.
- Invited speaker at the International Seminar on Data Mining - 2015, Universidad Tecnológica del Perú, Lima, Peru.
- Invited speaker at the 1st Workshop on Pattern Recognition and Applied Artificial Intelligence - WRPIAA 2014, Lima, Peru.
- General chair of the 1st Annual International Symposium on Information Management and Big Data - SIMBig 2014, Cusco, Peru.
- Organizing committee of the 19th International Conference on Application of Natural Language to Information Systems - NLDB 2014, Montpellier, France.
- Local helper for chairs of the 10th European Semantic Web Conference - ESWC 2013, Montpellier, France.
Advanced Web Programming - PHPPeriod: 2014-2015 (Practice)
Bachelor (second year), at the University Institute of Technology in Béziers (IUT Béziers)
Web Development - PHPPeriod: 2014-2015 (Practice)
Bachelor (first year), at the University Institute of Technology in Béziers (IUT Béziers)
Data MiningPeriod: 2013-2014 (Projects)
Master (first year), at the Faculty of Science - University of Montpellier
Databases and Information SystemsPeriod: 2013-2014 (Practice)
Bachelor (third year), at the Faculty of Science - University of Montpellier
NoSQL DatabasesPeriod: 2013-2014 (Theory and Practice)
Master (second year), at the École Privée des Sciences Informatiques (EPSI)
Subjects: Introduction, The NoSQL-Movement, Basic Concepts, Techniques and Patterns Key-/Value-Stores, Document Databases (ApacheCouchDB, MongoDB), Column-Oriented Databases (Cassandra).
Algorithmics and ProgrammationPeriod: 2013-2014 (Practice)
Bachelor (first year), at the Faculty of Science - University of Montpellier
Database Administration, ORACLE 11gPeriod: 2012-2013 (Theory and Practice)
Master (first year), at the École Privée des Sciences Informatiques (EPSI)
Subjects: Data Dictionary, User's administration, Privileges, Physical and logical structures, Disk files, System Global Area, Library cache, Data dictionary cache, Program Global Area, User processes, connections and sessions, Concurrency and locking.