Esther Pacitti - Home Page
I'am professor of computer science at University of Montpellier 2 since 2009, pursuing research in distributed and scientific data management in different contexts. Previously, she was an assistant professor at University of Nantes (2002-2009) and a member of Atlas INRIA team. I obtained my “Habilitation à Diriger les Recherches” (HDR) degree in 2008 on the topic of data replication on different contexts (data warehouses, clusters and peer-to-peer systems). Since 2004 I'am serving as program committee member of major international conferences (VLDB, SIGMOD, CIKM, etc) and has edited and co-authored several books. She has also published a significant amount of technical papers and journal papers in well known international conferences and journals.
HDR (University of Nantes) 2008, Ph.D (PUC-Rio and Inria) 1998
Laboratoire d'Informatique, Robotique et Micro-Eletronique de Montpellier (Lirmm)
Campus St Priest - BAT 5, Office 02/243
860 rue de St Priest
34095 Montpellier cedex 5
Tel: 04 67 14 97 27
1. T. Allard, F. Masseglia. G. Hebrail, E. Pacitti. Chiaroscuro: Transparency and Privacy for Massive Personal Time-Series Clustering," To appear in Proc. Sigmod 2015.
2. M. Servajean, R. Akbarinia, E. Pacitti, S. Amer-Yahia: Profile Diversity for Query Processing using User Recommendations. Information Systems Journal, Elsevier, 48: 44-63, 2015.
3. Brevet en cours de dépôt. Algorithme de traitement de k-means en P2P en garantissant la confidentialité de données. EDF, Inria, Université Montpellier. No. demande 1452838, 2014. See: Chiaroscuro
1. Phenotyping Data Search and Recommendation. Séminaire Méthodes et Outils pour l’Open Data, INRA, Montpellier, décembre 2014 http://www6.inra.fr/reseau-in-ovive/Actions-du-reseau/Seminaires/Seminaire-Open-Data-du-17-19-Decembre-2014
2. Profile Diversity for Query Processing using Users Recommandation, Credible Workshop, UNSA, Sophia-Antipolis, octobre 2014, https://credible.i3s.unice.fr/doku.php?id=2014_workshop
3. Profile Diversity for Query Processing using Users Recommandation, GDRI (Brésil) Web of Science, Toulouse, septembre 2014, http://www.irit.fr/GDRI-WEBSCIENCE/workshop2014.html
I'am co-head of the EPI Zenith and my research interests are related to distributed data management in different contexts as explained below.
My research activities are focused on distributed data management (data replication, query processing, etc). Since 2009 I have been investigating new search and recommendation techniques for distributed data management. More precisely, I investigate new recommendation methods that exploites diversification, deployed over different types distributed architectures. The results of this research may be applied to web and scientific data sets. For instance, in Pl@ntNet project, recommendation methods based on diversification are very useful for plant identification. This research activity is supported by CNRS Mastodons Project and Numev PIA.
I'am also involved in the topic of data-intensive scientific workflows over geographically distributed clouds. The problem here is to fragment a data intensive scientific workflow among multiple cloud sites, taking into account data transfers and load balance . This joint project between the Kerdata and Zenith teams is funded by Microsoft in the context of the Joint Inria – Microsoft Research Centre. The project addresses the problem of advanced data storage and processing for supporting scientific workflows in the cloud. The goal is to design and implement a framework for the efficient processing of scientific workflows in multiple cloud sites. Our approach will leverage the cloud infrastructure capabilities for handling and processing large data volumes.
Please visit my DBPL PAGE. If you want any particular paper please contact me
I'am responsable for the following courses:
-Databases (Relational Algebra, SQL, E-R Model, Transaction Management, Query Processing and Optimization, etc)
-Distributed Databases (Conception, Fragmentation, Distributed query and transaction processing, Parallelism, NOSQLMongoDB, etc)
-Big Data Management (Data Management in the Cloud, Map Reduce, Recommandation, Gragh Databases) , etc
I also teach in the master of computer science, and I'am responsible of the cours:
- Large Scale Data Management
Besides my teaching activities, I also supervise
- Engineers students in industrials projects and training
-Master and Phd Students
Projects and Software
Projects since 2009:
CNRS Mastodons: (co-leader, 2011 - today)
EDF: Privacy Preserving Data Mining in P2P Networks (2013 -2014)
BigDataNet: (leader, 2013 - 2015)
Music, Inria-Faperj: (leader, 2014 - 2016)
ANR Verso DataRing: (2009-2011)
Softwares since 2009:
Dernière mise à jour le 28/09/2015