Purpose of this Policy
The website owner reserves the right to amend and update this Policy from time to time; please check regularly this page to be informed about changes, if and when they occur.
Description of our data processing practices
In order for us to provide the services you request, we need your personal data. This Policy describes how we process personal data we collect when you engage with us in order to receive our services and more precisely in connection with:
- accepting our invitations to and participation in our events;
- evaluating and recruiting personnel;
- cookies used on our website;
What personal data we collect?
The personal data collected is limited only to the kind of information that can be found on a business card, such as names, titles/position, company name, work addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers, but may include other identifiable information.
If you are a potential applicant to join an open position, the personal data collected is limited to:
- Your name and job title;
- Contact information including email address;
- Curriculum vitae, including your age and/or gender if you provide it to us, your education, employment history and any other information relevant to the potential recruitment that you agree to provide to us;
For how long we keep personal data?
Personal Data will be stored for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which we collect it and in particular to comply with legal, accounting or reporting regulations. That period is in accordance with the reasons why the website owner needs to process the data, as well as any legal obligations to keep the data for a fixed period of time (e.g. for checks, reviews, audits and investigations).
By way of an exception, personal data may be kept for a longer period for archiving purposes in the public interest or for reasons of scientific or historical research, provided that appropriate technical and organizational measures are put in place (such as anonymization, encryption, etc.).
The data held is accurate and kept up-to-date as they are stored in specific files dedicated to each specific case.
Confidentiality & Security
We are committed to keeping the personal information provided to us secure. To this effect we have implemented appropriate information security policies, rules, technical and organizational measures to protect the integrity, confidentiality, transparency and accessibility of the personal information we have in our possession against unauthorized access, misuse, disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
No information system can however be 100% secure, therefore we cannot guarantee the total security of your information. In addition, we cannot guarantee or be held liable for the security of the information transmitted to us by other networks (internet, wireless networks etc.).
All our professional advisers, employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal information.
We shall retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which we collect it and in particular to comply with legal, accounting or reporting regulations. The appropriate retention period will vary and will depend primarily on the purpose for which we collect and process your personal information, its nature, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of same and finally the applicable legal requirements including the statute of limitations periods according to its personal data category.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. You may exercise any of your rights by contacting us at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right of access and rectification
- The right to be informed about your personal data collected and how it is being processed and the right to request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to erasure and to withdraw your consent
- The right to request that your personal data be erased and, in cases where the processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right to restriction of processing
- The right to limit processing of your personal data.
- Right to object
- The right to object to certain processing of your personal data such as processing for direct marketing purposes or when we otherwise rely on our own or someone else’s legitimate interest to process your personal information.
- Right to opt-out
- The right to opt out of future marketing activities at any time, by clicking the “unsubscribe” button on any of our send outs or by e-mailing email@example.com
- Right to data portability
- The right to request that any transfer of personal data is made in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority or any other Data Protection Authority of the Member State you choose.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights above or you have any questions or concerns in relation to
this policy, please use our contact details which may be found under firstname.lastname@example.org