IFToMM Young Delegate Program
Five 400USD-worth (roughly 360€-worth) grants, generously offered by IFToMM, are available for PKM 2020 Young Delegate Program (YDP).
The purpose of the YDP grants is to provide assistance to young scientists and engineers, so that they may participate in PKM 2020. In order to be eligible for support, young scientists and engineers must normally be less than 36 years old in 2020 and work/study in a country that is an IFToMM member. Preferences for funding will be given to countries/territories that have a strong need and have not received prior grants under this program.
To apply for support, the YDP applicant must write a letter of request to Marco Carricato and Ahmed Chemori before February 15, 2020. The letter must include the following information in the YDP grant request form:
1. the name and date of the Summer School;
2. the reason for participation;
3. the source and amount of funds which will cover the costs not to be paid by the YDP grants.
The letter of request must be accompanied by:
1. a curriculum vitae including date of birth,
2. a letter of recommendation from a senior person at the home institution confirming that funds are not available to fully support the participation in the Summer School,
3. a budget estimate for the total expenses of the participant to attend the conference.
Participants who are selected to receive support will be notified by February 29, 2020, in order to allow adequate time to register to the Summer School and complete travel arrangements.