Short biography :
Abdelhak-Djamel Seriai is associate professor at University of Montpellier, France since 2008 and member of the Computer Science Department and the LIRMM laboratory.
He obtained his engineer degree in 1994. He obtained his PhD degree from University of Nantes, France in 2001. His PhD was about object-oriented reuse to facilitate complex view design. He joined then the Computer Science Department of Ecole des Mines de Douai, France as associate professor in august 2002. He worked on software reuse, software component, software architecture and software reengineering.
Between April 2009 and April 2010 he was co-leader of the DOC@LIRMM team. Between April 2010 and April 2014 he was the leader of the MaREL team (Model, Reuse and programming language Engineering). He was in co-charge of the master program on Software Engineering at the University Montpellier 2 between 2009 and 2012.
His research interests include software reuse, software architecture, software reengineering, software component/service, software product line, software evolution, source code analysis, search-based algorithms, etc.
He advised or co-advised 10 PhD; 06 completed and 04 in progress.
He involved in many research contracts: French national projects (Cutter, Mosaique, etc.) or private with industrial partners (Thales, Acelys).
He organized many scientific events as the International Workshop on Software Architecture Variability collocated with ECSA 2011; the International Workshop on Self-Adaptive Software Engineering collocated with CSMR 2008, the French-speaking conference on software architecture 2012 in Montpellier, and participated in the organisation of the joint conferences ECOOP/ECSA/ECMFA 2013 in Montpellier.
He is author or co-author of more than 50 publications in international journals and conferences. He is the scientific editor of the first French book on “software evolution and maintenance”. He recently served as program committee member in the following conferences/workshops: Software engineering and Knowledge engineering conferences (SEKE), IEEE International Conference on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (WETICE), SAVA @European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA), Symposium on Modelling and Implementation of Complex Systems, International French-speaking conference on software architecture (CAL), International French speaking conference on information systems (Inforsid),… and as reviewers for SANER, CSMR, CAISE, … conferences.
He is owner of the French scientific excellence reward from 2009 to 2013 and from 2014 to 2018 (award given by the French government in recognition of the scientific quality of a researcher).
- 2001: PHD IN COMPUTER SCIENCE/ SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, University of Nantes, France.
- 1997: MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION AND SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY, Ecole centrale/University of Lille, France.
- 1995: MASTER OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE, University of Annaba, Algeria.
- 1994: ENGINEER DEGREE, University of Annaba, Algeria.
- 1989: HIGH-SCHOOL / BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN MATHEMATICS,
Technical high school of Annaba, Annaba, Algeria.
Some research responsibilities:
- Head of the DOC (Data, Objects and Components) / LIRMM team, from 05/01/2009 to 04/30/2010, 10 permanents, 02 associates, 10 doctoral students.
- Head of the DOC team (Data, Objects and Components) / LIRMM, from 05/01/2010 to 08/31/2011, 10 permanents, 02 associates, 8 doctoral students.
- Head of the MaREL (Model and Reuse Engineering, Language) / LIRMM team, from 01/09/2011 to 27/03/2014, 07 permanent, 02 associates, 7-10 doctoral students.
- Organization of events (15) including:
- Chair of the program committee of the 2019 CAL Francophone conference.
- Chairman of the organizing committee of the SSBSE 2018 international conference.
- Co-chair of the 2018 ASE Doctoral Symposium program committee.
- Co-chair of the VSPLE track program committee at the SAC conference (2018 and 2019).
- Chairman of the “Posters and Demo” committee at the AICCSA 2018 conference.
- Co-chair of the program committee of the “Software Engineering” track at the AICCSA 2018 conference.
- Co-chair industrial relations for three joint conferences: ECMFA-ECOOP-ECSA 2013.
- President of the organizing committee of the French-speaking CAL 2012 conference.
- Co-organization and co-chair of the program committee of two international workshops (SASE / CSMR 2008 and SAVA / ECSA 2011).
- Co-organization and co-president of the program committee of four national days (OCM-SI 2006/2007, Multi-agent / Component (MAC) 2004 and 2006).
Summary of projects and contracts with funding in which I participated:
- Leader of 6 contracts with industry, respectively:
- Thales Group
- Berger Levrault Group
- ISIA Group
- Leader of an Exploratory First Support Project (PEPS) - CNRS.
- Participation to the following projects :
- An ANR (French National Research Agency) project
- A FEDER (European Regional Development Fund) project
- A GEM (Ministry of Industry fund) project
Summary of teaching responsibilities :
- Co-responsible for the "Software Engineering" specialty of the computer science master's degree at the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Montpellier (during 3 years).
- Responsible for international relations and partnerships, IT department, Faculty of Science, University of Montpellier (during 3 years).
- Co-holder of the request for ministerial accreditation for the Software Engineering specialty of the Computer Science Master (2019) from the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Montpellier.
- Creation of 15 teaching units.
- Co-responsible for 11 teaching units.
- Teaching around 3200 hrs TD equivalent since 2002.