My research focuses on graph-based knowledge representation and reasoning with a focus on symbolic reasoning in presnce of conflict. I am currently interested in reasoning with inconsistent or incoherent existential rules knowledge bases using various techniques (defeasible reasoning, argumentation, inconsistency tolerant semantics).
I am a full professor at the University of Montpellier and member of the INRIA GraphIK team.
My email is email@example.com. My postal address is: INRIA Bt 5, CC05 017, Univ. Montpellier, 860 Rue Saint Priest, 34095 Montpellier, France.
For all research related appointements I am available, upon request, Wednesdays in Room 329, 3rd Floor, Building 5, LIRMM. For teaching related appointments please email me first.
I am currently teaching Software Engineering using Gopigo robots at the IUT Montpellier. I am also a course tutor for HLIN102 at the Faculty of Science. I am supervising two student projects on how to transform a Gopigo robot into a mobile weather station. All teaching material is by request (or available on Moodle for University of Montpellier students).
For a complete list of my publications please refer to my DBLP page . For any PDF do not hesitate to email me.
- Abdelraouf Hecham, Pierre Bisquert, Madalina Croitoru: DAMN: Defeasible Reasoning Tool for Multi-Agent Reasoning. AAAI 2020 Demos.
- Bruno Yun, Srdjan Vesic, Madalina Croitoru: Ranking-Based Semantics for Sets of Attacking Arguments. AAAI 2020.
- Arthur Boixel, Pierre Bisquert, Madalina Croitoru: Deliberation towards Transitivity with Unshared Features. PRIMA 2019: 3-18
- Bruno Yun, Madalina Croitoru, Srdjan Vesic, Pierre Bisquert: NAKED: N-Ary Graphs from Knowledge Bases Expressed in Datalog±. AAMAS 2019: 2390-2392
Current funded projects and supervision:
Past funded projects:
- The ANR funded DUR-DUR Project running from 2014 to 2018. Priviledged research topic: explanation dialogues, argumentation and inconsistency tolerant semantics for durum wheat selection. Please check more details about our results here .
- The ANR funded ASPIQ Project running from 2012 to 2017. Priviledged research topic: inconsistency tolerant query answering semantics.
- The ANR funded Qualinca Project running from 2012 to 2016. Priviledged research topic: identitity in logical systems, entity resolution and generation of referring expressions for bibliographical data.
- The EU FP7 funded EcoBioCap Project running from 2012 to 2016. Priviledged research topic: fuzzy argumentation systems and decision making for packaging conception.
I am on the Steering Committee of the ICCS conferece. I have been doctoral consortium co-chair of AAMAS 2019 and KR 2018.
In 2020 I am a reviewer for: AIJ, JAR, ICCS, AAAI, ECAI, AAMAS and SPC for IJCAI.
I am the head of International Relations at the Faculty of Science of the Univeristy of Montpellier and in charge of the industrial internship of second year Master students.
I am Deputy Member of the CNU (National Councils of Univeristies) for the 27 Section (Computer Science).
Below is a list of recent seminars, talks or research visits (slides upon request):
Last update: October 2019.
- 2019: Incoming research visit of Carlos Saez (Valencia), Jerome Delobelle (INRIA Wimmics) and Slawek Staworko (INIRA LINKS). President of the PhD jury of Jaques Fize. Collaboration with Siouar Ouartani from Univ. of Annaba on persuation dialougues in the medical domain.
- 2019: Outgoing Invited Research Visit of two months to Univ. of Aberdeen working with Nir Oren.
- 2016: Incoming research visit of Ricardo Rodriguez (UBA).
- 2015: Outgoing invited Seminar to Univ. of Warwick on Graphs for Reasoning in AI.