It is our pleasure to announce the organization of the 1st VIVA European Summer School on Artificial Intelligence and Software Verification and Validation.
- Location: Belambra Club, La Grande Motte, Montpellier, France.
15 – 19 June 2020– June 2021
- Organizers: Arnaud Gotlieb (Simula Research Laboratory, Oslo), Nadjib Lazaar (LIRMM, University of Montpellier) and Florent Masseglia (LIRMM, Inria)
- Website: viva2020
- Registration: easychair
Facing the challenge of building trustworthy AI-based software and systems, Europe needs to educate a new generation of bright researchers on the usage of AI in Software Verification and Validation (V&V) and the V&V aspects of AI systems. To reach this goal, we propose to welcome about 30 PhD students in VIVA, the 1st summer school dedicated to AI and Software V&V. High-level courses will be given by the most recognized European researchers in the field of Software V&V and trustworthy Artificial Intelligence and will include an appropriate combination of theoretical and practical matters. The courses will cover a broad spectrum of research topics including Machine Learning and Data Mining in Software Testing, V&V of Neural Networks, Constraint Programming in Verification Testing of Autonomous Systems, etc. The PhD School is co-organized by LIRMM, Simula Research Laboratory and Inria with the financial support of the French Institute in Norway, Simula, Inria and CNRS through the GDR-IA, GDR-MADICS and the GDR-GPL.
- Sébastien Bardin (CEA, Paris, France)
- Christian Bessiere (CNRS, Montpellier, France)
- Catherine Dubois (ENSIIE Paris, France)
- Kerstin Eder (University of Bristol, UK)
- Tias Guns (University of Brussel, Belgium)
- Alexey Ignatiev (Monash University, Australia)
- Felix Ingrand (LAAS-CNRS, Toulouse, France)
- Laurent Simon (LABRI, Bordeaux, France)
Early registration (before
29th of February 2020 16th March 2020 for the preregistration and before 31st of March 2020 15th April 2020 for the final registration) is encouraged. The number of participants is limited to 30. For further information, please contact Nadjib Lazaar (firstname.lastname@example.org).