If you are new to the laboratory or have been here for a long time, you can participate. All your proposals or initiatives will be welcomed and discussed at our bi-monthly meetings.
The LIRMM’s gender equality policy is part of the more general policy of our main supervisory bodies, the CNRS and the University of Montpellier.
CNRS: Mission for the status of women: https://mpdf.cnrs.fr/mpdf/
INS2I: Gender parity and equality: https://ins2i.cnrs.fr/fr/parite-egalite-femmes-hommes
University of Montpellier: https://www.umontpellier.fr/personnels/egalite-diversite
In this context, the laboratory’s objective is to work in interaction with our supervisory bodies to remove the obstacles to equality between women and men in the research professions.
Are susceptible to be reported:
- Acts of violence,
- Moral or sexual harassment,
- Sexist acts.
It should be noted that any act that is the subject of a report can be analyzed both as a criminal fault and as a disciplinary fault, or constitute only a disciplinary fault, without being susceptible to criminal qualification. The administration is not bound by the criminal qualification of the facts. Thus, independently of possible criminal proceedings, the perpetrator of the acts reported may be sanctioned in the disciplinary field.
See the CNRS information letter (in french)
FOR Montpellier University PERSONNEL:
- Information on how to report acts of violence, discrimination, harassment and sexist acts
- Contact by email to Report acts of violence, discrimination, harassment or sexist acts
FOR CNRS PERSONNEL:
- Read more on
- Contact by email to Report acts of violence, dicriminations, harassments or sexist behaviour
local contacts are Marie-Lise Flottes and Cécile Lukasik
Quiz: “work in progress”
We have thus launched thoughs on 3 topics:
- Evaluate: Carry out an annual assessment of the distribution of men and women during competitions: percentage of each gender during the submission of files, among the files classified and then retained.
- Raise awareness: Creation of a working group open to all, organisation of conferences (e.g. Gender bias in digital applications and AI), screening of documentaries, relaying local and national initiatives and national statistics.
- Act: Inform on the rights and duties of each person, participate in the publicity of research careers among young women.
Work in progress