As of June 30, 2019, LIRMM personnel totaled 422 people.
LIRMM Human Resources as of June 30, 2019
- 49 Permanent Researchers (41 CNRS, 11 Inria)
- 115 Permanent Research Professors (104 University of Montpellier [UM], 14 non-UM)
- 25 Non-permanent Researchers and Research Professors
- 25 affiliated emeriti members (11 regular contributors and 11 long-term guests)
- 137 PhD Students
- 29 Permanent Engineers (27 CNRS, 2 Inria)
- 34 Non-permanent Engineers
- 8 Non-teaching personnel / BIATSS* (9 UM, 1 Université Paul Valéry)
Total Staff: 422
* Librarians, Engineers, Administrative Staff, Technicians, Social and Health Workers
In 2018, LIRMM’s consolidated budget was18.6 M€. Salaries accounted for approximately 12M€.
During this period, we obtained 26 patents (or patent extensions), and filed 9 patent applications. Most of these were issued for the Microelectronics (15 patents + 5 applications) and Robotics (9 patents + 3 applications) Departments. The patents obtained included 12 European extensions and 14 US extensions.
Nine percent of the Lab’s resources come from contracts with companies. The collaborations they generate are crucial for several teams, who work closely with numerous partners: such is the case for the ADVANSE, ICAR, and MAREL teams in the Computer Science Department; the ADAC, SMARTIES, TEST teams in the Microelectronics Department; and the DEXTER and IDH teams in the Robotics Department, which total at least 5 different R&D or Cifre contracts each.
Between 2014 and 2019, LIRMM scientific teams have collaborated with 28 start-ups. Our support for these start-ups takes various forms, and includes advice, expertise, and/or scientific collaboration. Depending on the situation, this support can be formalized with contracts (which are then listed in the R&D contract list). Four of these start-ups were created by permanent LIRMM researchers. Other companies were created by former LIRMM PhD Students: PRADEO, NATURAL PAD, ALGODONE, NUMALIS, REEDS, NINJALAB and SEQONE. Finally, to further extend our support, we offered to host several start-ups on LIRMM premises. These are: SYHA, NINJALAB, ACUSURGICAL and ADAGE. NEURINNOV is hosted by Inria.
Within the period of reference, 9 of these LIRMM-created or LIRMM-supported start-ups received the I-Lab award:
• In the ‘Emergence’ Category: NUMALIS and ANATOSCOPE
• In the ‘Creation-Development’ Category: ALGODONE, EMERSYA, ANATOSCOPE, SEQONE, SYHA, NEURINNOV, IOTEROP and ARKYAN