About the opportunity :
Outstanding applicants are invited to join us to work on a topic of their choice in relation to embedded and/or integrated electronic systems; including (but not limited to) new computing paradigms (quantum, approximate, in- and nearmemory), machine learning, deep learning and more generally AI, embedded and hardware security, emerging technologies, harsh and radiative environments, ultra-low power IoT, interactions with life, health and environment.Applicants are encouraged to prepare their project tackling disruptive and ambitious research with one or more researchers of the department. Selected candidates will join one of our research groups to develop his/her research in collaboration with our faculty members.
About you :
We seek for a highly motivated talent who holds a Ph.D. in Microelectronics or Computer Engineering. Good track records, communication, technical and organizational skills are expected.
The complete application should be submitted, preferentially before the end of December 2020, to the head of the Microelectronics department, Prof. L. Latorre, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is full-time, fixed-term for 1 year, available immediately, extendable, with a strong possibility for promotion to a tenure position as a faculty member.
Applications must include:
• a CV with names and addresses of three referees,
• a description of previous research and experiences with main achievements,
• a research program for one year or more. Salary: 2,500€ - 3,000€/month.
About us :
LIRMM, the Montpellier Laboratory of Informatics, Robotics and Microelectronics, is a Joint Research Unit of University of Montpellier and the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS). We are undergoing scientific research onto three departments (Informatics, Microelectronics, Robotics). The Microelectronics department is developing cutting edge research on innovative solutions for embedding in integrated electronics systems more and more intelligence and emerging technologies in order to increase quality, reliability, flexibility, efficiency and security in such systems. The department (about 30 faculty members) is organized in 3 groups:
• ADAC (ADAptive Computing) is focusing on the design of adaptive systems, that are able to self-manage in order to optimize their performance.
• SmartIES (Smart Integrated Electronic Systems) whose activities are geared toward the design and modeling methods of systems and integrated circuits.
• TEST (Test and dEpendability of microelectronic integrated SysTems) whose main objective is the development of models, methods and tools for ensuring the quality of electronics systems after manufacturing.
About the place of work:
Established in 1289, the University of Montpellier is one of the oldest universities in the world. The city of Montpellier is in Southern France, close to the Mediterranean Sea, with flight and train connections to main French and European cities. With more than 60,000 students and praised quality of life, it is ranked as one of the best places to live and study in France.
Last update on 20/11/2020