LIRMM’s Microelectronics Department is specialized in research on innovative solutions to embed more intelligence in integrated electronic systems, notably by taking advantage of emerging technologies. The resulting scientific challenges have to do with the quality, reliability, testing, adaptability, efficiency, and security of these systems, while particular attention must be paid to digital security, energy efficiency, resilience, and handling complexity. Most of our activities find applications in the field of hardware architectures for high-performance computing, communicating objects for the living and environments, including harsh (spatial, radiative, high temperature) environments.
The Microelectronics Department relies on the scientific cutting-edge proficiency of 76 Associate Professors, Research Scientists, Ph.D. and Post-Doc Students. We also relies on the expertise of 31 permanent staff (5 DR and 8 CR CNRS, 7 PR and 11 MC UM) as regulated by CNRS sections 7 and 8 and sections 61 and 63 of the CNU. In addition, four research support engineers assist in the areas of software design tools for microelectronic systems, the administration of computer servers, the design of FPGA-based demonstrators or printed circuit boards for experimentation. Finally, an assistant provide the interface between researchers and the Lab’s administrative staff.
LIRMM’s Microelectronics Department is organized in three teams, who converge towards a unifying set of scientific research themes.
- ADAC (ADAptive Computing) whose mission is the design of adaptative systems and components capable of self-managing to optimize performance.,
- SmartIES (Smart Integrated Electronic Systems) focuses on design methods and modeling devices, and integrated circuits,
- TEST (Test and dEpendability of microelectronic integrated SysTems) whose mission is the development of models, methods and tools to ensure the post-production quality of integrated microelectronics devices.
The teams are in charge of the scientific animation around their scientific themes. The department organizes a transversal scientific animation around three axes:
- Equipment security
- Emerging technologies & MEMS
- Communicating objects for Environment and Health
Trainee in Master's Research, Doctoral, Post-doctoral... We recruit about fifteen new apprentice researchers every year, do not hesitate to contact us.
Last update on 29/01/2019