– The LIRMM’s Communications department comprises two people who ensure the overall coherence of the laboratory’s numerous internal and external communication campaigns.
– The Communications department is in charge of the organisation of many institutional events (General Assemblies, greeting ceremony, Scientific Day, LIRMM Day, New Entrants Day…), visits by delegations (international, industrial, governing bodies and partners) but also organises numerous events open to the general public such as seminars, colloquiums or even the Science Festival.
– The communications department is in charge of supporting the laboratory’s researchers in the organisation, media coverage, logistical and budgetary monitoring of national and international scientific conferences (grant applications, estimates, relations with service providers, guest management, registration management, etc.).
– The Communications department promotes and mediatises the laboratory’s research work through its website, for which it has editorial responsibility, by updating the information on the screens spread across the site, but also by offering a wide variety of documents aimed at various publics (institutions, companies, the general public, etc.); it also creates the graphic chart for the laboratory’s website and ensures the graphical consistency of all the materials made available to the laboratory’s staff.
– The communications department is active in implementing the teams’ and the laboratory’s the scientific animation and mediation policy , for example by welcoming middle school and high school students three times a year, and also by taking part in exhibitions, conferences and trade fairs to promote and highlight the laboratory’s expertise. We work in direct contact with the department for technology transfer, by hosting companies or start-ups.
We also assist phd students with the organisation of their seminars (semindoc) and with their various events inside or outside the laboratory.
The communications department is in direct contact with the communications services of our governing bodies and institutes in order to relay all incoming and outgoing information as well as everything that is published by the press. The LIRMM is also present on Facebook, Linkedin and twitter.
scientific research production in the field of Information Science and Technology is recognized worldwide. Thanks to this scientific legitimacy, the Lab actively participates in numerous general public events for the “dissemination and promotion of scientific and technical culture”. This commitment reflects several objectives:
- To provide the public with a better understanding of scientific and technical developments affecting our daily lives;
- To make digital science accessible to all so we can be familiar with its main foundations;
- To use our Science and Society debates to explore new research;
themes and contribute to the industrial and technological choices of tomorrow;
- To foster the international reputation of French research;
- To promote Science careers.
The many scientific mediation events organized by the LIRMM between
2008 and 2018 included: [Suggestion pour du traducteur pour mise à jour :
In the previous decade, the LIRMM has organized several scientific
mediation events targeting various audiences. Such events included:
- Youth Education Actions
- Student Challenges
- General Public Events
- Scientific Presentations
- ‘Science and Society’ Debates
- Cultural Events
- Media Events
Press Contacts and Authorizations
Journalists – Do you have a paper to write and want to meet LIRMM PhD Students or Researchers? Contact the Communications Unit: we will act as relay with our Lab members.
You must request an official Executive Team-issued authorization to film or take photographs on the Lab’s premises. Send your Authorization Requests to the Communications Unit at least one week before your visit.
Please contact us for any further information.