Building : 4 Etage 2
Office : 3.181
Phone : 04 67 41 85 85
Fax : 04 67 41 85 00
Email : Michael.Poss@lirmm.fr
Status : Permanent
I graduatd in Mathematics from the Université Libre de Bruxelles, and in Operational Research from the University of Edinburgh. My thesis was done at the GOM research group from the Université Libre de Bruxelles, under the supervision of Bernard Fortz, Martine Labbé, and François Louveaux. During my PhD, I spent time in Rio de Janeiro, working at the Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro and at the CEPEL, working with Claudia Sagastizabal and Luciano Moulin. After my thesis was defended in Feburary 2011, I spent a couple of months at the Universidade de Aveiro, followed by a postdoctoral stay at the CMUC from the Universidade de Coimbra. I was a CNRS researcher at Heudiasyc from October 2012 to January 2015 and joined the LIRMM in February 2015. I defended my HdR in November 2016 on robust combinatorial optimization.
In my PhD, I developed theoretical and algorithmic approaches for stochastic integer programs. In the course of my postdoctoral research, I have switched to robust optimization, contributing to the topics of adjustable robust optimization and discrete robust optimization. My research addresses both the theoretical aspects of the problems studied and their transposition to real applications. I have worked on real problems coming from different industries, including: telecommunications, transportation, glassmaking, and electrical power generation.
* M. Pioro, D. Nace, M. Poss and Y. Fouquet: Optimizing Flow Thinning Protection in Multicommodity Networks with Variable Link Capacity. Operations Research 64(2): 273-289 (2016). [doi]
* A. Agra, D. Nace, M. C. Santos, and M. Poss: A dynamic programming approach for a class of robust optimization problems. SIAM J. Optim. 26-3 (2016), pp. 1799-1823 [pdf] [doi]
* A. A. Pessoa, L. di Puglia Pugliese, F. Guerriero, and Michael Poss: Robust Constrained Shortest Path Problems Under Budgeted Uncertainty. Networks 66(2): 98-111 (2015) [pdf] [doi]
* Michael Poss: Robust combinatorial optimization with variable cost uncertainty. EJOR 237: 836-845 (2014) [pdf] [doi]
* B. Fortz, M. Labbé, F. V. Louveaux, Michael Poss: Stochastic binary problems with simple penalties for capacity constraints violations. Math. Program. 138(1-2): 199-221 (2013) [pdf] [doi]
Last update on 27/09/2017