This page offers a number of usefull instructions on the following simulation setups:
- How to install OmpSs runtime environment with CATS scheduler for gem5 Full System Simulation (ARM aarch32, ubuntu-natty)
- How to compile OmpSs bechmarks for gem5 Full System Simulation (ARM aarch32, ubuntu-natty) using QEMU
- How to run OmpSs benchmarks with CATS scheduler on the top of ARM big.LITTLE model in gem5 Full System Simulator
The pre-compiled environement (disk image) will be availible soon. Please, refer to the listed bellow publications.
1. Image Install Instrcutions
2. Benchmark Install & Test Instructions
3. Pre-compiled files/image
Experimental results of OmpSs/OpenMP comparison on ARM big.LITTLE architecture is discussed in the following publication:
Efficient Programming for Multicore Processor Heterogeneity: OpenMP versus OmpSs, Anastasiia Butko, Florent Bruguier, Abdoulaye Gamatié, Gilles Sassatelli. In Open Source Supercomputing (OpenSuCo’17) Workshop, Frankfurt, June 2017.
ARM big.LITTLE model validated against the Exynos 5 Octa SoC is discussed in the following publication:
Full-System Simulation of big.LITTLE Multicore Architecture for Performance and Energy Exploration, Anastasiia Butko, Florent Bruguier, Abdoulaye Gamatié, Gilles Sassatelli, David Novo, Lionel Torres, Michel Robert. In Embedded Multicore/Many-core System-on-Chip (MCSoC’16), Lyon, September 2016.
ARM big.LITTLE model (ex5) is now available in gem5 source tree: